The name of Microsoft these days is showing up on the tech headlines more often
than Google, so we need to closely look at what is happening at the famous company of Bill Gates.
* Accelerators (think addons that make things like mapping addresses or initiating a blog post easier)
* Web Slices (make information from sites available directly in your bookmarks)
* In Private browsing (similar to the 'incognito' mode in Chrome or the 'private browsing' feature in Safari 4)
* Built-in clickjacking prevention
* Built-in phishing prevention
* Crash recovery (similar to Chrome; when a tab crashes, it won't take down the whole browser and the content is automatically restored and reloaded)
About at the same time Microsoft announced improvements in Silverlight and Azure and allowed users to add chat rooms from Windows Live Messenger to their websites. TechCrunch blog can show you how to attach a chat to your site.